Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day.. my first post



It was so nice to sleep in this morning. The kids rarely all sleep in but we were able to sleep 'til 8 o'clock! Since this was the first time ever having Christmas morning at home, Ben and I were so excited for the kids. (secretly, I was thrilled with the idea of all the suspense I'd put in place.)

Our first unveiling was the stockings. Santa was good to the kids this year, not only did they get a new tooth brush as usual but candy as well.. and a few little toy goodies too! I didn't receive any coal this year so I was thankful, maybe because I forgot to hang my stocking?! Ha, Ha!

We ate breakfast in preparation for the mass gift unwrapping.. Thankfully we took the time to do so, cause we didn't finish with the unwrapping, assembling, whining cause we didn't have batteries, "not another box of clothes", "I don't like it, mom", drama until 11:30!

For the rest of the day, we've enjoyed playing with our new stuff and spending time together, something we don't get much opportunity to do.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

3 comments:

Saima said...

I love it! I'm glad your joining me in the blogging journey! Not sure if I'm ready yet either. We'll have to encourage each other to get it done! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. Love you all Saim

Lyz said...

I'm thinking of starting a blog soon, too!:)

I've been meaning to call and say that Leah LOVED her dollhouse. She told her 3 auties - individually - that she got a HUGE dollhouse for Christmas. Did I mention that the aunties were all sitting at the same table?:)

Glad to hear you had a relaxing(?), Merry, Christmas!

Stacie said...

Such a cute blog! You have inspired me to update ours :) Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their gifts. Hope to see you guys soon!
Stace