Friday, May 16, 2008

Artsy Fartsy anyone?

I've always leaned toward the creative side of things.. I'm not afraid to take on a craft project, of any sort. My latest adventure is making tissue paper flowers for a baby shower I'm co-hosting for my SIL Amanda. She's expecting her first baby and it's a girl!

I started making the flowers this afternoon and I'm already struggling with maintaining my focus on the project.. I've already lost interest in the traditional paper flowers and found some other really neat ideas online. (I'd post the link but there are some inappropriate pictures that appear after the how-to video.. not sure what's up with that, gross!)

So, I'll be working on flowers and posting my completed projects when I'm done. Wish me luck! What do you do that's crafty?

3 comments:

Grandma Nichols said...

I made a lot of tissue flowers for Saima's glad blast but not since. It can be fun or flustering. Have Fun Mom N

Anonymous said...

I am not crafty at all, although I wish I were a little. I'd really love to know how to photograph better. Maybe you can put on a class on how to take good pictures, lighting and angle and all! :)

I still scrapbook, but I'm not that great at it. But I have fun and that's the point I guess (plus preserving memories!)

Lyz said...

I have big craft plans that never pan out. Except for scrapbooking of course, which is on hiatus right now, too.

Hey, you should do a parenting discussion about photography!:)