Friday, August 15, 2008

My goal for the day: being a "good mom"


For some reason, I've been very bogged down lately with edits and business related stuff. The kids have been pretty patient with me so I wanted to give them a fun day with mom.

We opted to go to a park to play with friends and have a picnic. It was very nice to get out of the house and play with the kids. We stopped at McD's on the way to grab Happy Meals for each of the kids to eat. It was great to see our friends and catch up a bit.

The kids played tag and ran and screamed, in general, had a fun time! Thanks for sharing the day with us A. people :), hope we can do it again soon!

After a quick stop at the bank, I surprised the kids with a treat at the icecream shop. Isaac zonked while I was in the shop getting them a scoop of yummy icecream. He'll have to eat his later. For now, it's naptime and I'm proud to say that the kids had a nice time today.

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Sometimes I just have to tell myself "I'm going to be a good mom right now," and then I don't get so irritated when I can't get a chore done or something.

It's a reality check.