Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mid-winter cleaning..

So, one of the tasks that has been keeping me from posting is cleaning.. I have 4 kids, a dog, a cat, an assortment of hobbies that I'm currently undertaking, an assortment of hobbies I'm not currently undertaking but have supplies for, need I go on? If you've been to my house, you know that I'm a piler. I can't avoid it! I don't know how not to pile things here, there and everywhere. I'd like to be one of those people that doesn't have clutter in their life and can sort through the mail before they get it in the door, but I am not that person. I like to attribute my tendency towards piles to my crazy craftiness and strange abilities. I look at myself and I realize I'm a bit more capable of some things than other women I know, not that I'm complaining, nor am I boasting, I just know this about myself, good or bad. I also tend to become emotionally attached to pretty much anything, something my poor children have inherited.

With all this stuff flying about my head, I find myself mid-project a lot and mid-project is how many things stay. Bringing all this into context with my post title "Mid-winter cleaning," tomorrow I'm going to attempt to clean my studio. I've even gone so far as to ask for help from my dear friend Liz. I only hope she can break me of my bad habits and help me reduce the clutter of unused props, drops and random stuff, not to mention the craft supplies that I really have no time to use, nor do I expect to use any time soon. My heart is sad and a bit tense at the thought of giving up some of my favorite hobbies, but I realize that I'm not really giving them up, I'm just putting them on hold until a later date, just as I have put them in the closet because I can't use them currently.

So, until tomorrow... wish me luck because I REALLY need it, more for my heart than my ability to clean. The relief will be lovely though! :) Thanks Liz!

2 comments:

Lyz said...

It really is so much easier to get rid of someone else's stuff!

We didn't get to the craft stuff, but I hope you get your studio back in order before your next session! The best, most thorough cleaning usually involves making a huge mess, you know.:)

Anonymous said...

I heard it went really well. I could probably use someone to give me a kick in the pants too. I'm trying to be better too and not get so emotionally attached to something that doesn't really matter. Baby steps though.