Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where have I been?

A big apology for my overly busy life and my high level of procrastination. So, here I am!

As life goes, I've realized, once again, how quickly time flies. Today, I purchased a new car seat for Elijah, my seemingly new baby. The car seat is the convertible type, used for 5-80 pound children. As I installed the car seat in the van, Isaac, my "little dude", chatted with me. He asked if the seat was for him and I told him no that it was for the baby. He then asked if he could get in it and I told him no, that it was for the baby. Every time I spoke, he confirmed my statements by repeating each word. Later, we were inside the house and he told Alex about the new seat and that it's for the baby and that he can't get in it. It was such an eye-opening moment to hear him chatter on about our conversation with such knowledge and clarity. It made me think about how quickly the future takes place, it comes so very quickly.. My biggest fear is the thought that I might miss out on something important while I'm not looking...

No comments: