Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thanks..

My dear friend recently lost her grandmother. As a memento, she asked me to make something special for her mother to remember her grandmother by. I gladly accepted the request.

As I was sewing away on the project I began thinking of my grandparents and all the fond memories I have of them. I found myself saddened with the thought that I may soon be in her shoes and the thought stings my heart in a very unpleasant way. I've endured only a few losses in my life, and those were fairly significant. I find myself breathless and my heart aches at the thought of losing my grandparents. I've always had them in my life and I can't imagine a day when they might not be there. I know that's completely selfish but it's true. I love them all so very much.

So, with that thought, I want to say thank you to my friend for sharing your loss with me, for reminding me that I am so blessed because of you and my whole family, especially my grandparents. I can only hope your pain subsides quickly as the waves of times gone by fill your heart with happy memories. Those moments are what make up life.

Death is only a reminder of how special and important those that are lost truly are.

No comments: