Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oh Beanjamin!

It has been a whole new world recently for us. I've been enduring some added pregnancy related pressure and pain so Ben has had to chip in with the household responsibilities. (and I can't thank him enough for doing so!)

Last night at dinner was no different. It was my turn to carpool for dance class so I didn't get home in time to make dinner. Ben came home from work to make pizza for us instead. In an attempt to participate in the dinner making, I opted to make some baked beans. I opened one can but didn't take the top off. About the same time, I felt some pretty intense prego. pressure so Ben insisted that I go sit down. As I turned to walk away, I heard the strange sound of Ben shaking a can of beans all over himself and the kitchen. In an attempt to make the beans, Ben had shaken the can of beans to help mix the bean juice into the settled beans, making it easier to get them out of the can... He just didn't realize that I had opened the can already.. Anyway, after the initial shock factor of having beans all over, literally, all over (face, shirt, pants, & feet) we had a REALLY good laugh. Sorry Ben! And, thank you for helping out!

2 comments:

Lyz said...

Did you take any photos? Too funny! Poor guy...just trying to help, and now there's bean juice to clean up. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

That's funny. But i'll admit too, my first thought was, did you get a picture!! I'm sure you would have been laughing too hard to get a good one though.