Monday, March 3, 2008

The baby shower has come and gone...

Greetings world! I woke up Saturday, the day of my baby shower, and was totally freaken' out! I was an anxious wreck, almost as if my shower were the actual birth of Bobner or something far worse. I waited impatiently for my friends to arrive so we could be on our way. I tend to get anxious like this before photo sessions, pacing the floor, looking out the window every 15 seconds, "what-if"ing... it's not a pretty site. I even asked Ben to let me vent/yell at him for a little while in an attempt to feel better.. the crazy part is that he knew exactly what was going on and why I "needed" that relief, HA! I didn't end up utilizing his tough skin, even though he started off by saying something to antagonize me. Maybe next time!

The drive to my dad and step-mom's went really quick.. I'm sure it had nothing to do with my lead foot or the non-stop chatting in the car. My friends Liz and Stacie, as well as Serenity and Stacie's little guy Preston, were all piled in Ben's car. We tried to be quiet while Preston slept but it was impossible, he was able to get a nice nap in anyway.

Bobner's Shower
The shower was scheduled to start at 2 pm. I haven't had a baby shower since Serenity was a baby, in other words, 9+ years ago. My lovely step-sis's (that includes you too Amanda) and step-mom went all out for me, the decorations, food, cake, games, etc. were all way too much, but it felt really nice to have all the thought and effort put on me, obviously not something that happens much in our crazy household. :) Thank you ladies, sooo much!

I was completely thrilled with all my gifts, they all helped a little more in the realization that I'll be having a baby in about a month... eeks!
Here's a quick list of the wonderful things I received:
-744 diapers ranging in size NB - 2 (Serenity says with that many diapers we could have two kids! um.. NOOO way!)
-3 large wipe refills AND 3 boxes of wipes
-13 blankets, this includes receiving blankets, super soft, fuzzy blankets and a hand-made baby blanket
-16 outfits -spring, summer, fall, and winter.. this kid will be dressed well!
-bath necessities... soaps, lotions, wash cloths, etc.
-books and toys, including a very sweet photo album from cousin Eva Mae :)
-other baby stuff like bibs (including both "I Love my Grandma" and "I Love my Grandpa"), sleepers, onesies, baby proofing stuff, several Gift Cards, etc..
-AND, I even received goodies for me at the shower too!

After all the gifts and games were played, we all enjoyed a super, yummy strawberry swirl cake from "the Cake Lady."

The whole day turned out so great, I am just overwhelmed with all the thoughtfulness and unexpected gestures made for me. I can't even begin to express my gratitude to everyone that went out of their way to make the day perfect, not only through their planning and creativeness, but also the gifts, and of course attending the shower. I just hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did. Thank you, all! :)

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Thanks for inviting me! I had such a fun day & am glad you had such a great time. You deserve to be spoiled! :) Love ya!

Saima said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. It was so fun to share in your exciting day. Your so funny about getting nervous.. I do the same things before sessions!

Deb said...

Tara what a fun day on Saturday. The weather was great for your travels. You and everyone else seemed to have a fun time. The party was fun with alot of new games played and the food was wonderful. Thanks Pam and girls. Tara you are blessed.

Love Mom