Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bobner update..

I had another OB appointment yesterday. Nothing big to report. My BP was 118/62, his heartbeat was apx. 140 and I measured appropriately for his gestation. I brought up my concern again about the Braxton Hicks contractions that I've been enduring. Dr. B. wasn't overly concerned but did give me the option to have another ultrasound to ensure/reassure that I wasn't experiencing another placental abruption. As was hoped for, everything looked well. I was amazed to see the difference in size from my last ultrasound.. I'm growing a giant!

I was able to schedule my c-section for April 8th, so mark your calendars! We opted for this date for several reasons... As many of you know, this is my 8th pregnancy, so the 8th was symbolic of that. April, the 4th month, is symbolic of this little guy being my 4th living child. I'm not big on symbolism, but it seemed to be the deciding factor in this situation. (it also happens to be my niece's birthday and the day after my uncle's birthday)

My next appointment is in two weeks, then weekly after that!! I think I might actually be having another kid or something?!

3 comments:

Lyz said...

Oh, Ben will have a birthday buddy! MY Ben, for the rest of you.

I like the symbolism - it will be special for him when he's big..er.

I love your parting comments! Isn't that how we always feel...wait a minute, this kid will eventually be OUT?

Stacie said...

I definitely like your reasoning for choosing April 8th. Very special.

Saima said...

Very thoughtful on the date. I hope you can last that long! Can't wait to meet him. I was telling the girls today that when you have the baby the Nichols grandkids will have the same number of boys and girls!