Saturday, February 9, 2008

Valentine's Day is coming...

Life is always full of challenges and today was no different.

1. I thought it would be fun to make Valentines with my kids, something we've done a few times over the years. I had mentally prepared myself for a "project" with the kids. To my surprise, both Serenity and Alex decided they didn't want to make anything, at all.. not even the Valentines boxes to put their boring, store bought Valentines in.

2.
I ran through a list of parties my kids will be attending for Valentine's this year and found myself a bit overwhelmed.. Serenity -class room party: 16 students + classroom teacher, music teacher and PE teacher, not to mention the friends in other classrooms; -dance class: 12 students + the teacher. Alex -preschool party: 18 students + 2 teachers; -MOMS Club party: amount to be determined, 14 thus far, with 5 potentials. Isaac - MOMS Club party: sorry bud.. you'll have to share with Alex this year, unless I feel ultra handy with the pen. These are just the parties.. they'll each want to get something for each other and Ben and me. My kids are so loving and helping them understand this crazy holiday is always fun, even if I don't get to do it the way I want to.

3.
As with every holiday, I find myself searching for the perfect gift for Ben. This Valentines is a bit different... I don't find myself running out to actually purchase a gift. Does this mean that I've moved past the joy of giving in our relationship? Does it mean that I've stopped caring? Does it mean that I've lost my mind? Does it mean that I've run out of ideas? I think it's a bit of everything, not to mention being pregnant for the 8th time, living a constant drama fest from the inside out! Whatever I end up getting him, I'm sure he'll feel the love. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are not so overwhelmed with Valentines yet since Miranda doesn't need them either. Lincoln only has preschool and MOMS Club too. But after we looked at his preschool valentines yesterday, I feel a little guilty. Here I put only (store bought) Mickey Mouse valentines in the others' boxes. Lincoln on the other hand got tons of candy, tatoos, stickers, pencils and more with his. I'm sure the other parents are thinking I'm a little cheap! Oh well.

It didn't motivate me enough to get the candy for the MC party valentines though. They'll still get Mickey Mouse valentines plus a few who will get computer made because I didn't want to go out and buy another box for an extra 10 kids.