Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cancelation

Today was no different than the average mid-winter Saturday... a few things planned for the day but nothing too crazy. It's always nice to have something planned, that way I know that the world is still going around, and maybe I might get a chance to enjoy it.

Our region of the world is quite frigid this time of year so it's never out of the possibilities that the weather will dictate what our lives will be like at any given moment... why would today be any different?!

When I woke this morning the wind was blowing wildly and I could barely see the trees across the street because of the blowing snow. I let the dog out, and 3 minutes later, she can in looking quite aged.. she had gone from her normal dark colors to being completely white with snow! Of course she proceeded to shake all the snow off.. on me! Thanks Annie.

As the morning progressed I checked with the appropriate places, internet, radio, directly calling people, to see if the day was a bust. As it turns out, it is! So, now a jammie day has commenced, and I sit here with little to do. Ben woke up at 8:50 to take Serenity to basketball at 9:00, it was canceled. It's 10:00 now and he has been napping on the couch for 45 minutes now. The 25 minutes of his morning were used to pet the dog, eat a muffin and have some juice. How lucky am I?!

The one event I was looking forward to for a few weeks has also been rescheduled.. No Cookie Lee Jewelry Open House for me today. :(

Dare I say I may even contemplate income taxes as the highlight of my day? Yikes, I've lost it.

No comments: