Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby Shower...

I've been given the privilege of having a baby shower thrown for me by my step-sisters (thanks ladies). Since this baby will be my last, I'm having a sense of bitter sweetness, in so many ways. At the same time, I'm running into a huge dilemma in preparing for the baby and shower... this will be my 3rd baby boy and, although they aren't born in the same month, I've always thought the clothes could be handed down so I've kept their clothes. (this of course didn't work from Alex to Isaac because Isaac was so small compared to Alex.. 5 lbs 15 oz vs. 9 lbs. 6 oz. -- a hint from God?)

With the upcoming baby shower, I'm struggling with my morals.. do I register for clothes or do I just go with what I have? Do I look at newer and better baby things, like swings, bouncy seats, and other things, even though he'll be the only one to use them? Do I need to waste people's money for the sake of current fashion or newer technology? (yes, I've thought about this many times) So, maybe I'll just register for diapers and wipes.. lots of them! What to do? Help me with this struggle..

3 comments:

Lyz said...

Tara, let people buy you fun gifts! Give a big hint by registering for lots of diapers, but there are always very cool new bouncers and such...can't be bad to have some of those!

Stacie said...

I think you should register for new stuff. Since he's your last baby, you should live it up! Having new baby stuff is always fun & new clothes are so cute :)

Anonymous said...

I say you register for the stuff you know you will need and use. You're a pro at it now and know what all works and what doesn't. You've worked hard for all those babies....enjoy it!!!