Friday, February 15, 2008

The day after V-day.

Valentine's day has come and gone and we all survived! The kids all ended up with lots of valentines and each enjoyed sharing their goodies with each other, at least the written ones. I opted not to attend the MOMS Club Valentine's party so we missed out on a fun lunch with tons of friends, but were able to come home after my OB appointment and relax. (I even got a nap in!)

Alex had to decorate a container to receive valentines in for school. With little enthusiasm for any sort of project, I convinced him to color some cute print outs from the internet. He selected a few cute pictures and colored them very well. We then cut out the pictures and glued them to an ice cream bucket, two on the bucket, one on top. I then cut out a small slot for his preschool friends to drop their valentines in. The idea was pretty simple but it turned out cute, even if one of the bird feet fell off before the day was done.

Serenity's week of parties went well. Her dance class shared goodies and it turns out that by the time we got home, she only had 3 pieces of candy left. Her school party sounds like it was a lot of fun. A bunch of crazy, "love struck" 4th graders sounds like a HUGE head ache to me, but who am I to judge.

I decided to be very simple with my valentines this year. I woke up early and made the kids Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls with pink frosting. Later, I baked a double layer, heart-shaped strawberry cake with strawberry icing. For a change, I went with the strawberry cake instead of the chocolate on chocolate that is the favorite of everyone else in the house. For Ben, I purchased a large box of candy that I told him we could share. My romantic side has been squashed by Braxton Hicks contractions and lots of rib pain.. sorry dear!

What was the highlight of your V-day? A special dinner? A lovely box of jewelry?

No comments: