Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sledding

The weather has been a challenge this year but today was a beautiful, sunny day. Ben had the great idea of taking the kids sledding. We tried to keep it a surprise, but it was impossible given we'd be dressed in winter garb toting sleds.

We gathered up our pants, boots, mits, hats, and jackets and piled in the van. Being 33 weeks pregnant, I didn't foresee myself going down any hills, so I escaped the house wearing jeans.

Since this would be Alex's first official sledding adventure, we knew it would be a blast, not only for him but Isaac (and the rest of us) too! It didn't take Alex long to make his way down the hill, again and again. His smiles and laughter were proof of the thrill he was enduring.

Isaac's face was the perfect reminder of the joy this simple family activity truly was, excellent idea Ben, thank you!

We all managed to make at least one trip down the hill, including myself! (check out the pictures below!!)

When it was time to go, we all loaded our stuff in the van and shared some hot chocolate on our way home.

Sledding 2/24/08


Note to self: Kids get really tired and fall asleep early after being outside having loads of fun. :)

3 comments:

Lyz said...

how fun! I didn't take the kids sledding, but we did have a snowball fight in the front yard. Basically I just let Leah throw them at me, and tried hard not to hit her or Ben above the shoulders (failing a couple times!) Ben thought it was hilarious - he just stood there while I threw them at his feet or chest. But Leah had a blast!

Saima said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Stacie said...

What a great family day :) I can't believe you went down too!!